Are you working toward U.S. Citizenship? Make an appointment for a practice interview session with an MCLS staff member to go through all three sections of the test: reading, writing and the civics questions. This practice session will give you a good idea of what will happen during the interview and how well prepared you are. These appointments will take place via GoToMeeting until further notice. Go to the Virtual Branch page for more information on GoToMeeting.
Civics Test Updates
Revised March 24, 2021
On the naturalization test, some answers may change because of elections or appointments. As you study for the test, make sure that you know the most current answers to the following questions. Answer the questions regarding elected or appointed officials with the name of the official who is serving at the time of your naturalization interview with USCIS.
- Who is one of your state’s U.S. Senators now?
- Cory Booker (Democrat)
- Bob Menendez (Democrat)
- Name your U.S. Representative.
- 12th district: Bonnie Watson Coleman (D) (since 2015)
- What is the name of the President of the United States now?
- Joseph R. Biden Jr
- Joe Biden
- What is the name of the Vice President of the United States now?
- Kamala D. Harris
- Kamala Harris
- How many Justices are on the Supreme Court?
- 9 (nine)
- Who is the Chief Justice of the United States now?
- John Roberts
- John G. Roberts, Jr.
- Who is the Governor of your state now?
- Phil Murphy (Democrat)
- What is the political party of the President now?
- Democrat (Party)
- What is the name of the Speaker of the House of Representatives now?
- Nancy Pelosi (Democrat)