As of December 1st, 2022, all items eligible for renewal will be automatically renewed 1 day before their due date (up to four times). All patrons are automatically enrolled in this new program. Please be aware that not all items will auto-renew.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Automatic Renewal?
You no longer need to manually renew some of your library items – our automatic renewal service will take care of the renewals for you! All items eligible for renewal will be automatically renewed 1 day before their due date (up to four times). All patrons are automatically enrolled in this new program.
How does it work?
Any items on your account that are eligible for renewal will now renew automatically one day before their due date. We renew one day before the due date to give you time to return an item if it cannot be renewed.
How will I know an item renewed?
If you have an email address associated with your account, you will receive notification via email that lists which items were successfully renewed and which items were not, if applicable. (To sign up for email notifications, call or visit any Mercer County Library System branch.)
Which items are eligible for renewal?
Most physical items (books, DVDs, audiobooks, music CDs, Launchpads, magazines) are eligible for up to four renewals, as long as another patron has not placed a hold on the item and your account is in good standing.
Items will not renew automatically if:
- There is a hold on the item.
- The item has already been renewed the maximum number of times (4).
- Your account is blocked due to fines or fees, or your account must be renewed.
- They are part of a non-renewable collection, such as Museum Passes, Lucky Day, Summer Reading & School Assignments, Browsing Reserve and Book Group in a Bag kits.
- They are Interlibrary Loan items.
- They are digital items (eBooks, eAudiobooks, etc.).
Can I opt-out of automatic renewals?
Patrons cannot opt-out of automatic renewals at this time.