COVID-19 Updates from Mercer County. Stay connected to Mercer County government through an email subscription service that provides regular updates regarding COVID-19. To subscribe, click here. Also follow Mercer County on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
For information on COVID-19/Novel Coronavirus and its impact on businesses — including resources, assistance and regulations — visit the Mercer County Office of Economic Development’s COVID-19 Business Resources page.
Mercer County Free Testing
Free COVID-19 testing at CURE Insurance Arena, 81 Hamilton Ave., Trenton and free COVID-19 saliva test to be administered at home.
- COVID-19 Information Hub – Confirmed cases and deaths reported in New Jersey
- Department of Health – Resources for Individuals Who Are Undocumented or Uninsured
- Fact Sheet: Phases of Vaccine Distribution – Addressing the most frequently asked questions by New Jersey residents:
Let’s Get Vaccinated
- COVID-19 Vaccination Resources
Flyers, Infographics and FAQs
- Vaccine Facts, Fears and Myths Addressed
Watch virtual town hall meetings.
- Get a VAXRIDE to your Vaccination
NJ TRANSIT can help you get vaccinated.
- Vaccine Information from the Experts
Watch videos on our YouTube channel.
- COVID-19 Vaccines: Safe. Effective. Free.
Read information about the vaccines.
- New Jersey COVID-19 Dashboard
View data updated daily.
- Department of Health COVID-19 Main Page
Overview of information and resources.
- Weekly CALI and Variant Surveillance Reports
View the CALI and Variant Surveillance Reports
- NJ Mortality Data Trends
View 2015-2022 Deaths by Month and County of Residence
HEAL, NJ Health Care Workers COVID Hope & Healing Helpline, provides live COVID crisis counseling support, 7 days a week from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. to all New Jersey health care workers, their families, and caregivers statewide, with emergency support available 24/7. Call 1-833-416-8733 or visit healhealthcareworkers.com.
RISE, NJ First Responders COVID Hope & Healing Helpline, provides live COVID crisis counseling support, 7 days a week from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. to all New Jersey first responders, including police, firefighters, EMS, National Guard, military and veterans, their families, and caregivers statewide, with emergency support available 24/7. Call 1-833-237-4325 or visit risefirstresponders.com.
The NJ Poison Control Center and 211 have partnered with the state to provide information to the public on COVID-19:
- Consumer Affairs – Report scammers and price gouging
- Economic Development Authority – Business assistance and loans
- NJ Open – Who’s open and looking for customers near you?
Jobs and Hiring
Did you lose your job or have your hours reduced as a result of COVID-19? The State of New Jersey has created a resource page to help you connect to benefits and resources you need while you are trying to safely get back to work, as well as some tips for coping with the stress of losing a job: covid19.nj.gov/work. For a listing of employment opportunities, visit jobs.covid19.nj.gov.
- Department of Labor – Unemployment benefits
If you’re feeling stressed, anxious or depressed due to COVID-19, help is available to provide emotional support, guidance and mental health referrals as needed. Among the resources available are the following:
- Capital Health Emergency Mental Health Services
24/7 hotline at 609-396-HELP (4357)
- Child in Crisis 24-hour hotline
services for children and young adults struggling with mental health concerns
- Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-572-SAFE (7233) — 24/7
hotline provides bilingual service and is accessible to hearing impaired
- Jewish Family & Children Service of Greater Mercer County
- Mental Health: Managing Fears and Anxiety Around COVID-19
- Millhill Child & Family Development in Trenton
- Mobile Response and Stabilization Services – Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton En Español
- New Jersey Hopeline at 1-855-654-6735 — 24/7 peer support and suicide prevention hotline
- New Jersey MentalHealthCares Helpline at 1-866-202-HELP (4357) or njmentalhealthcares.org
- NJVet2Vet at 1-866-838-7654 — 24/7 support to NJ National Guard members, active military personnel, veterans, their families and caregivers statewide
- ReachNJ at 1-844-ReachNJ — 24/7 hotline staffed by trained addiction experts
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, NJ’s Drug Monitoring Initiative (DMI) has created a “New Jersey Resource Guide” to provide all partners and the public with a comprehensive directory/list of programs, links, and information to relevant resources for a variety of topics. COVID-19_Resource-Guide and NJ COVID-19 Guía de recursos en Español
- Coping with Stress
Learn how to manage stress and anxiety during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Dealing with Stress, Anxiety, and Grief during COVID-19
Dr. Francis Collins discussed the stress, anxiety, and grief people may be experiencing due to COVID-19 with Dr. Joshua Gordon. Dr. Gordon explained how to cope and the importance of seeking help.
- Coping with COVID-19: How to Manage Your Mental Health
NIH Director Dr. Francis Collins and National Institute of Mental Health Director Dr. Josh Gordon hold an important conversation on how to manage your mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Resources on Coping with COVID-19
NIMH developed sharable graphics that can be used to raise awareness on how to cope with stress related to the ongoing pandemic. This page also lists news stories about coping with COVID-19 that feature NIMH leaders.
- Supporting Mental Health During the COVID-19 Pandemic
This article describes strategies for coping with anxiety and managing stress during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Coping With Coronavirus: Support for the Autism Community
In his message for Autism Awareness Month, Dr. Joshua Gordon, NIMH Director and IACC Chair, discusses how individuals with autism are coping with the COVID-19 pandemic and resources available to help the community during this time.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
This page provides resources and guidance for individuals, providers, communities, and states on managing mental and behavioral health during the pandemic.
- Disaster Distress Helpline
SAMHSA’s Disaster Distress Helpline provides 24/7, 365-days-a-year crisis counseling and support to people experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters.
- Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health: Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation During an Infectious Disease Outbreak
This fact sheet explains social distancing, quarantine, and isolation. It also describes feelings and thoughts that may arise during this time and suggests ways to cope and support oneself.
- Video: Five Things About Staying Mentally Healthy During the COVID-19 Outbreak
Dr. Joshua Gordon, Director of NIMH, offers five steps you can follow to maintain your mental health and well-being during the novel coronavirus outbreak.
Caregivers and Guardians
- AACAP – Resources for Helping Kids and Parents Cope Amidst COVID-19
- Child Mind Institute – Supporting Teenagers and Young Adults During the Coronavirus Crisis
- Child Mind Institute – Supporting Families During COVID-19
- DCF – COVID-19 Resources for Families
- NASP – Helping Children Cope With Changes Resulting From COVID-19
- National Autism Association – COVID-19 Resources for Families
- unicef – 6 ways parents can support their kids through the coronavirus disease outbreak
- World Health Organization – Parenting in the time of COVID-19
- Zero to Three – Tips for Families: Coronavirus
- ADAA – How to Talk to Your Anxious Child or Teen About Coronavirus
- Newsday – The psychology of isolation: Issues your child may be facing, by age group
- Consumer Fraud Alert: COVID-19 — Senior Medicare Patrol
- COVID-19 Fact Sheet for Grandfamilies and Multigenerational Families – Program for Parents
- People Who Are at Higher Risk for Severe Illness: Older Adults – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Resources for Older Adults during COVID-19 — National Council on Aging
- Virtual SHIP Mercer County — State Health Insurance Assistance Program
- Virtual SHIP Mercer County (Español)
Talking to Children
- AACAP – Talking to Children About Coronavirus
- ADAA – How to Talk to Your Anxious Child or Teen About Coronavirus
- CBC – How to talk to children and address their coronavirus concerns
- CDC – Talking with children about Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Child Mind Institute – Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus
- The Kid Should See This – Coronavirus COVID-19: What is social distancing?
- NJFamily – How to Manage Your Kid’s Anxiety Over Coronavirus
- NPR – Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus
- PBS – How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus
- unicef – How to talk to your child about coronavirus disease 2019