Research shows that: Reading Books & Sharing Stories with your child is one of the BEST ways to help them enter school with the language skills they need to be ready to learn and grow.
Here’s how to participate
- Download a reading log. Fill in a circle for each book that your child reads or that you read to your child.
- When you finish reading 100 books, download a new reading log and keep going.
- Keep track & save your reading logs. Bring your logs to the library when were open and we will record your progress and acknowledge your achievement so far. The library will celebrate your milestones along the way, as you and your family track 100 books at a time. A special prize will be awarded when you reach 1000 books!
- Everything you read together counts – even the same book over and over.
- If you read just three books a day, you’ll reach your goal within one year.
- Don’t stop at 1,000! Keep on reading together; there’s more learning ahead!