Hello Hopewell Community,
My name is Andrea Merrick, Branch Manager at the Hopewell Branch Library. Let me introduce you to the Branch staff - Bob, Diane, Donna, Janine, Kathleen, Kelly, Pete and Robin are all ready to assist you at the Circulation Desk. At the Reference Desk, you will be helped by Anna, Dana, Jodi and Tom, or our Youth Services Librarians, Briana, Connie and Katie.
Here are some quick facts about the Hopewell Branch and our services:
- We have over 49,500 adult and children’s print items available for circulation.
- Patrons visited the Branch 133,700 times in 2017 and 204,788 items were circulated. The Branch has over 9,422 DVDs and Blu-rays for adults and children.
- We are always adding to our large audiobook collection for adults and children - over 2,110 books-on-CD and over 300 Playaways. A Playaway is a pre-loaded digital audio player.
- Our diverse music collection is always growing - now we have over 2,330 CDs.
Please take advantage of our exciting variety of adult and children’s programming— schedules may be found at the Branch, online and in the Hopewell Valley News. In 2017, the Branch offered 329 adult programs and 812 children's programs.
The Library System’s audiovisual collection as a whole has grown with the introduction of hoopla and Freegal Music - borrow free music, audiobooks and videos for use on your computer, tablet or phone.
You can take a free, one-on-one computer class at the Branch - just talk to Anna! She can tailor a class to fit your needs - nothing is too basic. Anna also offers many classes on Web 2.0 - eBooks and eReaders, social networking, blogging, and twitter, to name a few. If you have any questions about our online services, ask and a librarian will help you. Visit the Virtual Branch page to see all we have to offer.
Don't forget that, if the Hopewell Branch doesn't own an item you want, you can request it from another branch. If the Library System doesn't own an item, it may be possible to get it through the Interlibrary Loan service.
We are always happy to hear your suggestions - please feel free to talk to me or fill out a comment form. If you would like us to consider purchasing a title, you may either tell us directly or use the Library System's Suggest for Purchase form.
Hope to see you soon and often!
- Andrea Merrick, Branch Manager