Every year MCLS hosts a Winter Reading Program for all ages where you track your read books and enter raffles to win prizes! The theme for 2022 is Warm Up With a Good Book and the program runs from Sunday, December 18, 2022 through Sunday, January 22, 2023. There are four different age groups: Pre-K — 2nd grade, 3rd — 5th grade, 6th— 12th grade, and adult.
You may choose to participate on paper or online, but please stick with your chosen format throughout the program. You may register at any point between December 18 – January 22.
Here’s how to participate on paper:
- Write your first & last name, age, and branch inside your log.
- Keep track of how many minutes you read each day by writing the daily
total on one of the yetis inside your log! (Any reading or listening counts, and
it is okay if you don’t read every day!)
- Bring your log back into the library by January, 22, 2023 to be entered into
a raffle for a prize.
- For Adults – A Song of Ice and Fire Set:
- Game of Thrones,
- A Clash of Kings,
- A Storm of Swords,
- A Feast for Crows, and
- A Dance With Dragons.
- For Teens – The Maze Runner Series:
- The Maze Runner,
- The Scorch Trials,
- The Death Cure,
- The Kill Order, and
- The Fever Code.
- For School Age – The Bad Guys Box Set: Books 1-5.
- For Pre-School to Kindergarten – Boynton’s Greatest Hits The Big Blue Box:
- Moo, Baa, La La La!,
- A to Z,
- Doggies, and
- Blue Hat, Green Hat.