Contactless Curbside Pick-Up of Library Materials on Hold is Available!
Library staff members are ready to take your calls and schedule your time to pick-up items that you have requested. Library staff are also standing by to place holds on books, DVDs and other library materials for you. Requesting items from outside the library system through Interlibrary Loan is temporarily unavailable. Reservations are required to pick-up your items. Returns are not accepted at curbside pick-up. Please return your items in the book and AV drops.
Picking up your library items is a SNAP!
- Schedule a pick-up time by calling the library. Do not schedule a pick-up time until you have been notified by email or phone that your holds are ready. You must schedule a pick-up time for items for hold within five business days of receiving notification that your items are ready.
Ewing Branch: 609-882-3130 Hickory Corner Branch: 609-448-1330 Hightstown Branch: 609-448-1474 Hollowbrook Branch: 609-883-5914 Hopewell Branch: 609-737-2610 Lawrence Branch: 609-882-9246 or 609-883-8294 Robbinsville Branch: 609-259-2150 Twin Rivers Branch: 609-443-1880 West Windsor Branch: 609-799-0462
- Need to bring a face mask and a piece of paper with your last name in big letters if you are using our curbside pick-up. If you have arranged contactless tabletop pick-up, a bag with your last name will be placed on the table for you to retrieve.
- Arrive no earlier than the start of your time slot.
- Pop your trunk or open a passenger window. Staff will place items in your car.
Hours for curbside pick-up and information assistance:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 10 am – 4 pm
- Wednesday: 2 pm – 7 pm
- Saturday: 10 am – 4 pm
- You can receive your library materials in one of two ways, depending on the weather!
- Contactless Tabletop Pick-Up: If the weather is nice, you can request your library materials by contactless tabletop pick-up. The items will be in bags with your last name on the bag, as well as the last four numbers of your barcode. You may retrieve the bag from the table on your designated day and time.
- Curbside Pick-Up: This is explained above.
- Library staff will be wearing masks and ask that you wear a mask and stay in your car, except to open your trunk, if that is where you would like staff to place the items. If you have pre-arranged for outdoor tabletop pick-up (this will not be available at all branches and only during nice weather) then you would need to park and get out of the car to retrieve your items from the table.
- Items on hold for you have been quarantined for 72 hours.
- Please schedule a pickup appointment or contact the library to cancel unwanted items as soon as possible after being notified.v
- During your scheduling phone call library staff will confirm your library barcode with you. Please have your library card ready when you call. If you do not have your barcode or do not know your library barcode, we will ask you to confirm your name, address, email or other identifying information from your library account.
- We will check the library materials out to your library account prior to the date and time of your arranged pick-up.
- Returning Items? Book and AV drops will be open for returned items. Returned items will not be accepted during the curbside service at this time.
Curbside Service FAQs
Please call your library location with any questions you have about curbside pick-up service.
Can I pick up my holds now?
Yes! All branches are offering curbside pick-up of items placed on hold.
When can I pick up my holds?
After you receive an email or phone call letting you know that your holds are ready to be picked up, you may call your library location and schedule a day and time to pick up the items. You will have five business days to pick up your holds from the time you receive the email or phone call. Curbside pick-up is available Monday through Friday, from 10 am until 4:00 pm.
Can I return items at the curbside service?
No, at this time we are not accepting returns during curbside pick-up. You may return items in the book or AV drops. As a courtesy to our patrons, the library will not be assessing late fines at this time.
Oops! I am at the library and not at the time I said I would be! Can I still pick-up my holds?
Yes, you can call the library’s phone number between the hours specified above, and if possible, staff will bring out your reserved library materials.
Can I pay my fines or fees at the curbside service?
No, not at this time.
I forgot the items I wanted to return and they are due – will I be charged?
At this time the library is not assessing late fees on library materials. We ask that you be courteous to other library patrons and return your materials in a timely and conscientious manner.
Do I need my library card?
Yes, you will need your library barcode number to schedule a date and time to pick up materials on hold. If you do not have your library card please contact your library location and they will be able to assist you with this process.
What if I don’t have a library card?
If you do not have a library account with MCLS, but believe you are eligible for one, please submit an online request for an eCard, which will allow you to use the library’s online resources, as well as place holds through the catalog. You will need to visit your library location once the branches have re-opened to the public to verify your library account information and show proof of eligibility. You will be given a physical library card and key tag barcode at that time. To register online please go to: https://mcl.org/online-registration
May I speak to a library staff member?
We are happy to speak with you! Please call your library location with your questions and, if needed, to obtain assistance in placing materials on hold. Requesting items from outside the library system though Interlibrary Loan is temporarily unavailable.
Can you print something for me?
We are following the CDC’s recommended social distancing policy, as well as the Governor’s Executive Orders, and cannot perform this service for you at this time.
How are you cleaning returned materials?
We are following the most recent information available from the CDC regarding the recommendations for safe handling of library materials. When library materials are returned they are quarantined for a period of 72 hour before they are either re-shelved or placed into transit.