Would you like to borrow an item that the Mercer County Library System (MCLS) does not have in the catalog? Complete and submit the online Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Request Form below to ILL request an item be loaned to you from another library outside of the MCLS. The ILL Department will reach out to you if they encounter any issues in fulfilling your ILL request. This service is often useful for temporarily obtaining specialized, expensive or older items.
For more information, please review the full ILL Policy.
Guidelines for submissions
- Please do not use the online ILL Request Form to suggest purchases. There is a separate Suggest for Purchase form.
- Please check to make sure the item you’re interested in requesting through ILL is not already in our catalog.
- Patrons are limited to three active ILL requests and three active ILL article requests at any one time. “Active” ILL requests include requests that are currently processing as well as ILL items that are already checked-out.
- Three ILL requests (audiobooks on CD and cassette, books, nonfiction DVDs & Blu-rays, microfilm)
- Three ILL article requests (books, journals, microfilm, periodicals, etc.)
- ILL requests may take up to four weeks to fully process before they become available.
- The following items cannot be borrowed through ILL:
- Fiction movies & television shows
- Music CDs
- Video Games
- Audiobooks or Books on CD and Books on Cassette can only be borrowed from other New Jersey libraries.