Need to borrow a mobile device? The Mercer County Library lends tablet computers to patrons! These Android tablets come pre-loaded with many of our patrons’ favorite electronic resources, including Bluebird Languages, Headspace, the New York Times, and Kanopy. You can place a hold on a tablet through our online catalog, or ask at your local branch.
If you want to see what apps are on these devices, go to our App Shelf page (in progess).
- The borror of the tablet must be an adult with an active Mercer County Library card.
- At check out, the user of the tablet must sign a “Tablet Lending Agreement” form.
- The tablet must be returned, in person, to a branch circulation desk. The tablet may not be left on the circulation deksk unattended, or be returned to a library book or AV return slot; it must be handed directly to a staff member.
- If the tablet or any accessory is lost or damaged, the user will be responsible for all costs required to replace the tablet or accessory.
- Tablet and Charger: $100.00 (+$2.00 processing fee)
- Tablet Carrycase: $10.00
- The borrower of the tablet accepts the Mercer County Library’s Internet Policy.
- The tablet can be checked our for 3 weeks. The tablet may be renewed up to four times if no other patrons have placed a hold on the tablet, and are eligible for our Automatic Renewal service.
- The patron my not save any documents or applications on the device. The device will be wiped clean of any added applications or documents upon return.
- Patron should sign out of any apps they have signed into before returning the tablet.
- Tampering with the device or attempting to access or modify the operating system or any other software or programming, including bypassing security functions, is strictly prohibited.
Apps that Need Accounts
Some apps require patrons to create and/or have accounts that have been verified by MCLS. The apps that require this and links to do so are below.
Learn 163 languages with Bluebird, the largest audiobook library in the world. Features 12 million prerecorded lessons, personalized courses that match your personal interests and occupation, quizzes, daily lessons and more!
Creativebug offers over 1000 video classes in drawing, painting, sketchbooking, sewing, quilting, knitting, jewelry making, and much more. Taught by the world’s top artists, designers and crafters, Creativebug instructors not only teach, they inspire. With hundreds of delectable quick classes and in-depth workshops, Creativebug is the perfect creative companion for those who like to mix imagination and straightforward DIY instruction.
Headspace makes meditation and mindfulness techniques available online so you can experience the benefits of meditation anytime, anywhere. Experience Headspace for free with your Mercer County Library card!
Read the Newest Magazines & Newspapers
The original, quality journalism of The New York Times helps you make sense of this moment — and make everyday life better.
The Journal has covered the births and deaths of tens of thousands of companies; the creation of new industries such as autos, aerospace, oil and entertainment; two world wars and numerous other conflicts; profound advances in science and technology; revolutionary social movements; the rise of consumer economies in the U.S. and abroad; and the fitful march of globalization.