March 21, 2020 Update IR-2020-58
The Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service announced that the federal income tax filing due date is automatically extended from April 15, 2020, to July 15, 2020.
For more information, visit the IR-2020-58 news release.
- Libraries will only be given 1040/1040-SR forms and instructions. The forms are availible at our branches now. For any other forms, you will need to use the Federal Tax Forms on the IRS Website.
- Alternatively, call the IRS help line for forms: 1-800-829-3676.
New Jersey Forms
- Libraries will not be sent paper forms.
- Current year NJ Tax Forms from the NJ website.
- Alternatively, have the forms mailed: Call 1-609-826-4400 or 1-800-323-4400.
- Or pick-up forms in person at one of the Mercer County Regional Service Centers:
Trenton: Taxation Building (50 Barrack Street Trenton NJ 08695)
- Where to mail your return.
- New Jersey Division of Taxation Home Page
- New Jersey Property Tax Relief Page
AARP Tax Assistance
Prepare Your Taxes Online
Because of the current suspension of in-person tax assistance, Tax-Aide is providing access to selected tax preparation software so taxpayers can prepare and file their own tax returns — at no cost.
Further Free Tax Assistance
Taxation Sites by State
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Mexico
- New York City
- New York State
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia